Magnolia

Magnolia

Appreciation Day

Saturday 18 April 2020

2020 Musings

Wow, has it really been 3 years since I last wrote a review...

I've made a promise to myself to start focusing on this blog from now on. I've tentatively planned to write a new review every month featuring all your old friends and some new faces as well.

Who can you expect to see throughout 2020? Well, along with popular pairings such as Kelly & Todd and Laurel & Hardy, expect to see more Charley Chase and Harry Langdon. And there might even be a few surprises, such as Alice Howell, Snub Pollard, and Lloyd Hamilton to name a few...

As always, leave a comment with what stars and films you'd like to see me review!

On a side note, I haven't written -anything- in 3 years. Until that point, typically I'd be writing short stories, fiction, and material for a book on Hal Roach's comediennes alongside the blog, so to say I'm feeling a bit rusty would be an understatement. So I hope you'll bear with me as I get up to speed with writing the reviews again. That also explains the image of a creatively frustrated Thelma Todd below!

Finally, in happier news, in those 3 years where I've been silent - no pun intended - there has been a great range of silent and 'talkie' black and white comedy DVD and Blu Ray releases. I'll aim to bring as many of these great releases to the forefront of my blog to celebrate the excellent work that is going on in the world of black and white comedy. 

What do you get with this blog? Certainly nothing magnolia! Happy musings! Right, time to start work on Film #18...


2 comments:

  1. Great! Very funny silent comedies are being presented by the guys from Undercrank Productions on YouTube every Sunday at 3:00 p.m. EST - enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcn7q-Wn7A

    ReplyDelete