Magnolia

Magnolia

Appreciation Day

Monday 2 January 2017

Magnolia's Musings: 2017

Update


Things have been pretty quiet here on the Magnolia front for, well, the last six months. Don't worry though, Magnolia here has been steadily watching many a black and white film to ensure that this blog doesn't dwindle into nothingness.

The biggest reason as to why there were no posts in the second half of 2016 was because of my new full-time job which devours a lot of my time. Seeing as each post takes a long time to put together - what with capturing screenshots and all - it was hard work trying to carry on with the blog whilst getting to grips with a new job.
 
In other, more exciting news, Magnolia here also started work on a top secret book on black and white cinema. OK, I won't keep it too secretive; it's called Hal's Gals, but that's all I'm giving away for now. Work is progressing nicely on this book, and subject to a publisher's approval, I hope that it will be ready for publication in 2018.

In other equally cool news, Magnolia here has also recently started volunteering at The Cinema Museum in London! I'm hoping that I can contribute lots of hours of work to them in 2017.
 
2017 should see me get back on track with film reviews a plenty; the same detailed synopsis of every film featured on the blog with a little less of my own personal ramblings in the review section. I'll still be taking plenty of screenshots, though, fear not!
 
Here's a sneak preview of who's coming up next on the blog:
 
 
Well, well, well, well, well!
 
Here's to a black and white 2017,
 
Magnolia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment